Hot Topic Or Not topic?
I just want to share what I’ve been experiencing the past few years, and how I see it evolving.
As my purpose on this earth is to help People to become their great version, I share my observation with the only intention for us all to learn, grow and become better.
1. Bad Manager/Leaders: What does it look/feel like?
- What do I understand with bad, it is a behavior, communication, attitude, that causes pain to others, directly or indirectly
- Type of manager that is only focused on itself, own goals & targets, pushing others just to get their own goals with success.
- Are people who do not go into a dialogue, you can feel the urge of “always” being right no matter the topic.
- Are often people who have little to no “empathy”. But can be great at faking it.
How is this possible has been a great question for me? How can they not SEE/FEEL what they are doing to other’s?
Bam I got it, it is a lack of Self-Awareness
Self-Awareness definition found online
Conscious knowledge of one’s own character and feelings.
Being aware of SELF!
2. Why are they Bad?
Well I believe, and that is something that I need to believe is that they are not “bad” by intention!
As the definition or labelling of being a bad managers comes through the impact it has on people and in most cases it affects a number of people. It can be people in the whole organization feeling the same “vibe”, it can be in just 1 business unit/department.
My observation about the Why is:
- Lack of self-esteem
- Lack of self-confidence
- Fear of not meeting expectations
- Lack of empathy
- Ego- Ego- Ego
3. What proportion does it take:
Due to a lack of Self-Awareness, not being aware of their own feelings, they will not be aware of the feelings of others. It can be a blind spot, or just something they have conditioned themselves to be/become.
Affect it can have on employees:
- Demotivating people
- Growing fear to communicate – to take initiatives
- Make people lose their self-confidence
- People can lose their self-esteem
- People go into fear and Freeze
- People get frustrated
- Culture of gossip
- Toxic environment
Results are that people get sick – stay home – get in a negative spiral – get burn out – get depressed – affects their whole family (partner & kids).
From all I see I need to speak up because it causes a lot of pain to people!
Organizations need people to make their numbers!
Pay attention to your Culture – Leaders who are also people not better or worse than all employees.
Look around, you will see organizations that do a great job, I know now that those leaders are Self-Aware, empathic what makes them aware of others around them. If you want to be a leader in the future, meaning NOW it is time to crack your Ego and go to your human essence being a community driven being.